So often we ask people for recommendations. We like to know what our friends bought and liked or what they like to make for dinner. I find myself often turning to the recommendations of friends when I’m looking at buying or trying something new. Because of that, I’ve decided to put everything I like here. Links to things I use and love. Some links are items, some are services, and some are resources (like a Pinterest board or website). This page will be ever changing as we live life and find that we like (or don’t like) certain things! Know that things I recommend will always be things I’ve actually used. Some of the items linked are affiliate or referral links. Here’s some info about these links and how they work.
Affiliate and Referral links
- When you purchase something or sign up for a service by clicking through an Affiliate Link I could earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There are usually no specific benefits to the consumer.
- Affiliate links will be marked with ✨sparkles ✨
- When you purchase something or sign up for a service by clicking through a Referral Link usually both parties benefit by getting a discount or a sign up bonus of some sort.
- Referral links will be marked with 🙌 Raised Hands 🙌
- If there is no emoji, you can assume there is no referral or affiliation.
Jump to the of this post for just the links
Thing That Make Me Richer
🙌 YNAB – You Need a Budget is my favorite way to budget. It has helped Corey and I recenter on our priorities, save money, pay down debt, and constantly provides us with a clear picture of our financial situation. Not to mention, YNAB has a huge community that is so supportive and helpful when you need them. The link gets you 34 days free to try it out and see if the YNAB way of life will work for you (if you want to try this, I highly recommend setting up some time with me ahead of getting started. It has a learning curve and a good set up is the key to success!)
🙌 Rakuten – Rakuten is the absolute best rebate site I have found. It has the most sites with the best cash back offers around. I use it all the time and it blows my mind that more people don’t use it. If you sign up and redeem a rebate offer (which you can totally do so easily!) we both get $30! Payments are made quarterly so it’s like a little savings account that you cash out each quarter. Everytime I buy something online I use Rakuten. If you aren’t using it, you’re literally missing out on free money.
Target Red Card (Debit) & Target Circle Offers – If you shop at Target you need a Red Card. I personally have the debit card because I didn’t want to add a credit line, but you should do what works best for you. You get 5% off everything including gift cards. There area also other benefits like free shipping on online purchases, extended return window, and exclusive offers for cardholders. It also blows my mind that people don’t use Target Circle. I use the app and scan everything I put into my cart. There is almost always a discount on something.
Things That Save Me Time
🙌 HelloFresh – First things first…I went to the Hello Fresh site to grab a referral link and there is a cashback deal from Rakuten. You need to do it! HelloFresh is a huge time saver for me. I wrote up a post on why I love meal delivery kits a while ago and it’s still true! This probably won’t save you a dime, but if you believe time is money, it might. I love that the meals are pre measured, the instructions are easy to follow, and we have liked everything we’ve ordered. If you’re interested, I would recommended reading my linked post above to see if they would work well for you. The link gets you $40 off, but there are many, many people who are sponsored by HelloFresh. Go find a link with the best value!
✨Smart Home Devices – We have 3 Amazon Echos and two Google Nests, plus the Google Nest Thermostat. Smart Thermostats often have deals with local utilities so check that out before you buy. I love our smart devices because they make it easy to listen to music, set timers and keep track of grocery inventory. Ours also reminds us to take out the trash on Wednesday nights. They’re amazingly helpful when you use them.
Things I Bought & Liked
Full transparency, some of these things were given to me as gifts, but if they hadn’t been, I would be willing to buy them again.
- ✨FrostGuard – I haven’t ever had a garage, and I live in Utah so the FrostGuard has been a life saver. I never have to scrape my windshield (unless I neglect to put it on) and It makes it so I don’t have to run my car to defrost the windshield. Saves gas and the planet. The link is from Amazon but you can buy it on the FrostGuard website or on QVC which often has other deals AND often has Rakuten rebates.
- ✨Bissell 3 in 1 Vacuum – I got this (technically it’s different, but the design has just changed over the years!) little vacuum cleaner when I went to college for my dorm room. It has turned out to be the absolute best thing for my hard floors. I use it in every room and it almost replaces a broom.
- 12 can cooler – I cannot find one just like what I have, but either way, I’m listing it here. I picked up a Sun Squad soft sided cooler from Target a couple years ago and I use it for virtually every family gathering. All year long my family does potluck style meals or helps each other with side dishes etc. I love having this little cooler to pop all my stuff in and avoid spills in the car while also keeping things cold. I also like having reusable grocery bags for this, but the cooler is perfect.